- Unilever invites digital marketing companies to go global
London/Rotterdam/San Francisco - New program offers tech companies cash and mentorship to work with Unilever brands and expand to new markets.
- Unilever concludes tender for statutory audit services
London/ Rotterdam, 2 December 2013 – Unilever today announced that it has concluded the tender process for its statutory audit contract.
- Unilever completes Skippy sale in China
London / Rotterdam / Englewood Cliffs– November 26, 2013. Unilever today completed the sale of its Skippy business in China to Hormel Foods. This follows completion of the sale of the rest of the global Skippy business to Hormel Foods on January 31, 2013.
- Finalists of first Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards announced
London & Rotterdam – November 26 2013 – Unilever and the Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership (CPSL) today announced the seven finalists for the inaugural Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2013.
- Unilever to invest over €150 million in a new factory in Turkey
Istanbul/ Konya, 22nd November 2013 – Unilever today announced an investment of over €150 million in a new manufacturing plant in Konya (Turkey) to increase its capacity for sustainable growth in Home and Personal Care.
- Unilever launches Project Sunlight – a new initiative to motivate people to live more sustainably
London/Rotterdam, 20th November 2013. Unilever is following up its Sustainable Living Plan with the launch of Unilever Project Sunlight, a new initiative to motivate millions of people to adopt more sustainable lifestyles. Project Sunlight aims to make sustainable living desirable and achievable by inspiring people to look at the possibilities of a world where everyone lives well and within the natural limits of the planet.
- Unilever agrees to sell Soft & Beautiful, TCB and Pro-Line Comb-Thru to Strength of Nature
London & Rotterdam – November 19, 2013 – Unilever today announced that it has signed an agreement for the sale of its Soft & Beautiful, TCB and Pro-Line Comb-Thru brands to Strength of Nature for an undisclosed amount. The sale excludes TCB’s business in Africa.
- Tackling sanitation for women’s health
New York - 19 November 2013, "We Can’t Wait" – Governments, civil society and business should work together to tackle sanitation for women’s health; say United Nations organisation, Unilever and WaterAid
- 100% of Palm Oil bought will be traceable to known sources by end 2014
London/ Rotterdam/ Medan - 12 November 2013, Unilever today announced a significant move in its journey to accelerate market transformation towards sustainable palm oil, announcing that by the end of 2014, all of the palm oil Unilever buys globally will be traceable to known sources.
- Link between low blood pressure and youthful appearance in women discovered
London/Rotterdam - Research discovers new links between youthful appearance, health and longevity.
- Unilever commits to donate one million school meals
London & Rotterdam - This World Food Day (16 October 2013) Unilever, through its foods category and Food Solutions business, is committing to donate one million school meals through the Unilever Foundation to the United Nations World Food Programme to help end child hunger by improving the availability and nutritional quality of school meals around the world.
- Lifebuoy expands programmes to end preventable child deaths across 17 countries
London, Rotterdam, Mumbai: 15 October 2013 – To mark Global Handwashing Day - 15th October (GHD) - the co-founder of GHD, Unilever’s health soap, Lifebuoy, has announced a significant expansion of its Help a Child Reach 5 campaign. The campaign, which was launched in 2013, set out to end preventable deaths of children under 5 by changing the handwashing behaviours, one village at a time. Today, Lifebuoy has confirmed it will extend this programme to communities and villages across 17 countries globally.
- Unilever Completes Sale of Wish-Bone and Western brands to Pinnacle Foods
London & Rotterdam – Oct. 1, 2013 – Unilever today announced that it has completed the sale of its Wish-Bone and Western dressings brands to Pinnacle Foods Inc.
- Unilever on track to meet its 2013 priorities despite slower market growth in many emerging countries
London/Rotterdam - Unilever will be taking part in investor conferences hosted by Sanford Bernstein and Bank of America Merrill Lynch this week.
- Unilever in deal with Brandtone to drive mobile presence in key markets
London/Rotterdam - Unilever has signed a new deal with mobile marketing company, Brandtone, which will enable its brands to use the power of mobile and big data to build long-term one-to-one relationships with consumers, particularly in emerging markets, where mobile is a key tool to reach them - and to do so at scale.
- Lifebuoy calls for hygiene to be recognised as a key intervention to reducing child mortality
New York – Unilever’s soap Lifebuoy today called for hygiene to be recognised as a key intervention to reducing child mortality, both in the last 900 days before the Millennium Development Goal deadline and in the post-2015 development agenda.
- Unilever prices a $750 million bond on the US market
London/Rotterdam/New York – 4 September 2013: Unilever yesterday priced a $750 million (ca. €570 million) bond on the U.S. market: $750 million 2.20 per cent Fixed Rate Notes due 6 March 2019. The anticipated closing date of the offering is 6 September 2013.
- Unilever looks to young entrepreneurs to help make sustainable living commonplace
London & Rotterdam – September 2, 2013 – A new international awards programme designed to inspire young people around the world to tackle environmental, social and health issues is announced today by Unilever and the Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership (CPSL). The overall winner will receive the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.
- Unilever and government of Tanzania sign agreement to accelerate sustainable agriculture growth for tea
London/ Rotterdam/ Dodoma, 2 September 2013 - Unilever and the Government of Tanzania have agreed to establish an ambitious partnership to reinvigorate the Tanzanian tea industry. The partnership aims to create 5,000 jobs linked to the Unilever Mufindi tea estates, develop 6,000 hectares of smallholder tea farms and thereby improve incomes and lives of approximately 30,000 people economically sustained by the smallholder farming.
- Unilever opens new ice cream factory to drive sustainable growth in Turkey, Middle East and Africa
London/ Rotterdam/ Konya, 26 August 2013 – Unilever announced today the opening of a new ice cream factory in Konya, Turkey; following an investment of over €95 million.
- Scientists to develop renewable chemicals for products of the future
Unilever has announced the launch of a research project with the University of Liverpool to develop the next generation of renewable chemicals from biomass to use in the manufacture of its home and personal care ranges.
- Crowdsourcing bid for torrent of fresh ideas
It is often said that the best ideas occur in the shower but in a modern twist, Unilever is thinking outside the cubicle with the announcement it will harness the potential of ‘crowdsourcing’ in its quest to discover the shower of the future.
- Unilever agrees to sell Wish-Bone and Western brands
London & Rotterdam – August 12, 2013 – Unilever today announced that it has signed an agreement for the sale of its Wish-Bone and Western dressings brands to Pinnacle Foods Inc. for a total cash consideration of approximately $580 million, subject to regulatory approval.
- Unilever prices a €750 million bond on the european market
London/Rotterdam, 29th July 2013. Unilever has announced €750,000,000 1.75% per cent Fixed Rate Notes due 5 August 2020, issued by Unilever NV and guaranteed by Unilever PLC and Unilever United States, Inc. The anticipated closing date of the offering is 5th August 2013.
- Unilever invites tenders for statutory audit services
London/ Rotterdam, 26 July 2013 – Unilever today announced that its Audit Committee will invite leading accountancy firms to tender for its statutory audit contract. PricewaterhouseCoopers’ appointment will expire upon completion of their audit of the accounts for the year ending 31 December 2013.
- Unilever agrees to sell its Unipro bakery and industrial oils business in Turkey
London/Rotterdam – July 26, 2013 – Unilever today announced that it has signed an agreement, subject to regulatory approval, to sell its Unipro bakery & industrial oils business to AAK, one of the world’s leading producers of high value-added speciality vegetable fats, for an undisclosed sum. Unipro’s bakery & industrial oils business consists of a number of sub-brands available in Turkey.
- Unilever growth momentum sustained in first-half 2013
On the 25th July, we released our results for the first-half 2013. Our strong innovation pipeline and focus on sustainable growth helped to drive the business forward.
- Unilever’s Q2 2013 results released today
Unilever’s Q2 2013 results are out today, 25 July 2013.
- Dove expands digital relationship with HavasEHS
London/Rotterdam, 9th July 2013. Unilever today announced that it has appointed HavasEHS to be a lead digital agency for Dove. With this appointment, Unilever is extending their remit to cover digital display communications for Dove women, and to lead work on digital infrastructure and integration.
- Unilever increases its stake in Hindustan Unilever
London/Mumbai, 11th July 2013. Unilever PLC (LSE: ULVR) announced today that, pursuant to the voluntary open offer to increase its stake in Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), the shareholders of HUL tendered a total of 319,991,578 shares, out of which 319,563,398 shares have been accepted by Unilever PLC on completion of the verification of the shares tendered.
- Unilever and Solidaridad to further improve conditions for sugar cane workers in Central America
Unilever has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with international NGO, Solidaridad to further drive sustainable development in the sugarcane industry in Central America. This initiative supports the company’s commitment in the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan to source 100% of its agricultural raw materials sustainably.
- Unilever PLC announces closing of open offer to increase its stake in Hindustan Unilever
London/Mumbai, 4th July 2013. Unilever PLC (LSE: ULVR) announced today that, pursuant to the voluntary open offer to increase its stake in Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), shareholders of HUL tendered 319,699,278 shares during the tender period for the open offer which commenced on 21 June 2013 and closed on 4 July 2013.
- Supplier summit reinforces commitment to developing and emerging markets
Unilever is currently staging the largest supplier meeting ever held in Singapore with its Partner to Win Supplier Summit 2013.
- Unilever PLC to commence the open offer to increase stake in Hindustan Unilever on 21 June 2013
London/Mumbai: Unilever PLC (LSE: ULVR) today announced that it has received approval from the India market regulator, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), for its voluntary open offer to increase its stake in Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) from 52.48% to up to 75%.
- Annual General Meeting Rotterdam, 15 May 2013
Rotterdam, 15 May 2013.- Unilever N.V. shareholders today approved all resolutions put to the annual general meeting in Rotterdam. Voting was by poll on each resolution and the results are set out below.
- Unilever PLC initiates offer to increase stake in Hindustan Unilever
London/Mumbai, 30th April 2013. Unilever PLC (LSE: ULVR) today announced a voluntary open offer to increase its stake in Hindustan Unilever (HUL), its publicly listed subsidiary in India, from 52.48% to up to 75% at a price of INR 600 per share.
- Unilever’s Q1 2013 results released today
Unilever today announced results for the first quarter 2013.
- Unilever Sustainable Living Plan helping to drive growth
London/ Rotterdam, 22 April 2013 - Unilever’s commitment to put sustainable and equitable growth at the heart of its business model is helping to drive increased sales while reducing costs and risks, according to the second Unilever Sustainable Living Plan Progress Report published today.
- Unilever factories and logistics reduce CO2 by 1 million tonnes
London/ Rotterdam, 15 April 2013 - Unilever today announced that since 2008 the company has achieved a CO2 reduction of more than one million tonnes from its manufacturing and logistics operations. This is equivalent to taking 250,000 cars off the road.
- Unilever Czech Republic acquires SAVO brand
Prague, April 8, 2013 – Unilever Czech Republic and the Bochemie company announced today that they have signed an agreement under which Unilever will acquire the SAVO and other consumer brands from Bochemie.
- Unilever sources over 1/3 of agricultural raw materials sustainably while growing business
London/ Rotterdam, 2 April 2013 - Unilever today announced it is sourcing more than a third of its agricultural raw materials sustainably, having made significant progress towards its target of 100% by 2020.
- Unilever N.V. and Unilever PLC Annual General Meetings (re-)elections and Board Committee Memberships
Unilever today announced that the following Directors will offer themselves for re-election at the Annual General Meetings on 15 May 2013: Louise Fresco, Ann Fudge, Charles Golden, Byron Grote, Jean-Marc Huët, Hixonia Nyasulu, Paul Polman, Sir Malcolm Rifkind, Kees Storm, Michael Treschow and Paul Walsh. Sunil Bharti Mittal will not offer himself for re-election at the Annual General Meetings this year.
- Unilever Lifebuoy premieres unique film to launch pioneering health campaign
London, Rotterdam, 27 February 2013 – Unilever’s health soap, Lifebuoy, has launched the latest initiative in its quest to help reduce the deaths of two million children before their fifth birthday from preventable diseases like diarrhoea and pneumonia.
- Unilever investing in fast-growing emerging markets
Unilever’s first aerosol manufacturing plant in Asia follows hard on the heels of new factories announced for Thailand and South Africa.
- Unilever to invest €75 million in building capacity and capability in South Africa
London/ Rotterdam/ Durban 31 January 2013, Unilever has announced that it will invest €75 million (1 billion Rand) in South Africa to expand its capacity with a new, state-of-the-art Home Care factory and to upgrade existing sites in Johannesburg and Durban. This investment will support Unilever’s ambition of doubling the size of its business while reducing its environmental impact and increasing its positive social impact.
- Unilever completes global Skippy sale outside of China
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Jan. 31, 2013 –Unilever today completed the sale of its global Skippy business to Hormel Foods, excluding the portion operated out of China, which remains subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close later this year.
- Dutch Sustainable Growth Coalition puts sustainable business models on Davos agenda
January 28, 2013 - “Resilient Dynamism” was this year’s central theme at the World Economic Forum in Davos. In other words; the ability to, in the current crisis, stimulate sustainable growth with innovations, a clear vision and strong will to take action.
- Unilever wins 2013 Catalyst Award for gender diversity
NEW YORK (January 24, 2013) – Unilever, one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies, was today named as a winner of the prestigious 2013 Catalyst Award, for its initiatives that expand opportunities for women and business.
- Unilever reduces waste by one million household bins while growing business
London/ Rotterdam, 24 January 2013 – Unilever today announced that more than 50% of all its factories have achieved the goal of sending no waste to landfill in 2012.
- Unilever reports strong, broad-based growth in 2012
Today (23 January), Unilever released its results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 which show good quality, profitable growth ahead of our markets. This underscores the good progress we are making in transforming Unilever into to a sustainable growth company.
- Unilever’s Q4 and full year 2012 results released today
Unilever’s Q4 and full year 2012 results are out today, 23 January 2012.
- Unilever agrees to sell global Skippy business to Hormel Foods
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. – Unilever today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement for the sale of its global Skippy business to Hormel Foods for a total cash consideration of approximately $700 million.