Marc Engel joined the ULE as Chief Supply Chain Officer on 1 January 2016. This comes after an executive leadership role in Unilever’s East Africa business where he was responsible for laying the foundations for accelerated growth.
Chief Supply Chain Officer
In his 20+ year career with Unilever, Marc has worked in Singapore, the Netherlands, UK, Brazil, Switzerland and Kenya. He has extensive experience in supply-chain operations, covering procurement, logistics, finance and strategy development.
Marc joined Unilever in 1990 at Unilever Meat Group in Oss, the Netherlands, where he was on the construction team building the Ragu tomato sauce factory, which he later ran as Production Manager. Most recently, he was Executive Vice President for East Africa.
Before this he was Unilever’s Chief Procurement Officer, in charge of the worldwide procurement of third-party goods and services. During his time as Chief Procurement Officer, he was responsible for establishing the Partner to Win programme, which has been instrumental in helping to transform Unilever’s supplier relationships and to deliver our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan ambitions.
He has an MSc in applied physics from the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
He is a member of the Supervisory Board of PostNL
- 2016: Appointed Chief Supply Chain Officer
- 2014: Executive Vice President, Unilever East Africa and Emerging Markets
- 2013: Member of the Supervisory Board of PostNL
- 2008: Chief Procurement Officer, Unilever
- 2004: VP, Supply Chain, Spreads, Dressings and Olive Oil Europe, Unilever Supply Chain Company
- 2001: Managing Director, Ice Cream, Andina, River Plate, Unilever Brazil
- 1999: VP, Supply Chain, Ice Cream, Latin America, Unilever Brazil
- 1998: Corporate Strategy Group, Unilever PLC
- 1994: Operations Manager, Birds Eye Wall’s, Unilever UK
- 1993: Technical Buyer, Shell International
- 1990: Operations Manager, Unilever Meat Group NL