Professor Youngme Moon
Professor Youngme Moon was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in April 2016. She is Vice-Chair and Senior Independent Director of Unilever and a member of Unilever’s Corporate Responsibility Committee.
Vice-Chair and Senior Independent Director
Youngme Moon is the Donald K David Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School. She has held various leadership positions at Harvard Business School, including Senior Associate Dean for Strategy and Innovation and Chair of the MBA Program. Prior to Harvard, Youngme was a professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Youngme’s research focuses on the intersection of business, branding, and culture and she has published and sold more than two million case studies on the topic. Youngme serves on the Board of Directors of Mastercard Inc. and of several small, privately-held companies, including JAND Inc. and Sweetgreen Inc. She received her B.A. from Yale University and her M.A. and Ph.D. from Stanford University.
- June 2019: Appointed Board member at Mastercard Inc.
- May 2018: Appointed Vice-Chair and Senior Independent Director of Unilever
- 2016: Appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Unilever and a member of Unilever’s Corporate Responsibility Committee
- 2015-2019: Board member at Rakuten
- 2005-2017: Board member at Avid Technology
- 2003: Associate Professor at Harvard Business School
- 1998: Assistant Professor at Harvard Business School
- 1997: Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology