Strive Masiyiwa was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in April 2016. He is Chair of Unilever’s Corporate Responsibility Committee.
Mr. Masiyiwa is a United Kingdom based Chairman and founder of Econet Wireless, a diversified telecommunications group with operations and investments in Africa, Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific. He is an Executive Director on the board of Econet Wireless Zimbabwe Ltd and is Chairman of Liquid Telecom Holdings (an Econet Group company). Also, through Econet’s subsidiaries, the Group funds one of the largest scholarship programs for orphaned and vulnerable children in Africa.
Strive serves on a number of international boards, including the Rockefeller Foundation, the Council on Foreign Relations’ Global Advisory Board, the Africa Progress Panel, Chairman of the Alliance for the Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) and the Micronutrient Initiative.
Strive is a juror of the Hilton Foundation’s Humanitarian Prize. He is also one of the founders of the Carbon War Room and a founding member of the Global Business Coalition on Education.
- 2017: Appointed Chair of Unilever’s Corporate Responsibility Committee
- 2016: Appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Unilever and was a member of Unilever’s Compensation Committee
- 2009: Co-founded the Carbon War Room
- 2003: Joined the Rockefeller Foundation Board of Trustees
- 1993: Founded Econet Wireless