Vittorio Colao was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in July 2015. He is also a member of Unilever's Compensation Committee.
Mr Colao has been a member of the Vodafone Board since 2006, and Chief Executive since 2008. He joined Omnitel Pronto Italia in 1996, which subsequently became Vodafone Italy, and he was appointed Chief Executive in 1999. He was appointed regional Chief Executive Officer, Southern Europe for Vodafone Group Plc in 2001, became a member of the Board in 2002 and appointed to the role of Regional Chief Executive Officer for Southern Europe, Middle East and Africa for Vodafone in 2003.
In 2004 Mr Colao left Vodafone to join RCS MediaGroup, the leading Italian publishing company, where he was Chief Executive until he rejoined Vodafone as CEO, Europe and Deputy Chief Executive in 2006. Mr Colao sits on the International Advisory Board of Bocconi University, Italy, on the Dean’s Advisory Board of the Harvard Business School and is a Vice-Chairman of the European Round Table of Industrialists.
- April 2015: Non-Executive Director to Unilever and a Member of Unilever's Compensation Committee
- 2008: Chief Executive Officer Vodafone Group
- 2006: Appointed as a board member of Vodafone Group
- 2004: Chief Executive Officer RCS MediaGroup
- 2001: Chief Executive Officer Vodafone Southern Europe
- 1996: Joins Vodafone Italy, formerly known as Omnitel Pront Italy