Vittorio Colao was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in July 2015. He is Chair of Unilever's Compensation Committee.
Mr Colao has been a member of the Vodafone Board since 2006, and Chief Executive since 2008. He joined Omnitel Pronto Italia in 1996. This subsequently became Vodafone Italy, and he was appointed Chief Executive in 1999. He was appointed regional Chief Executive Officer, Southern Europe for Vodafone Group Plc in 2001, and appointed to the role of Regional Chief Executive Officer for Southern Europe, Middle East and Africa for Vodafone in 2003.
In 2004 Mr Colao left Vodafone to join RCS MediaGroup, the leading Italian publishing company, where he was Chief Executive until he rejoined Vodafone as Chief Executive, Europe and Deputy Chief Executive in 2006. Mr Colao sits on the International Advisory Board of Bocconi University, Italy, on the Dean’s Advisory Board of the Harvard Business School and is a Vice-Chairman of the European Round Table of Industrialists.
- May 2018: Appointed Chair of Unilever's Compensation Committee
- 2015: Became a Non-Executive Director at Unilever and a member of Unilever's Compensation Committee
- 2008: Appointed Chief Executive Officer of Vodafone Group Plc
- 2006: Rejoined Vodafone Group as Chief Executive, Europe and Deputy Chief Executive and was appointed to the Vodafone Board.
- 2004 - 2006: Chief Executive Officer RCS MediaGroup
- 1996 - 2004: Joined Vodafone Italy, formerly known as Omnitel Pront Italy, and held roles of Chief Executive Vodafone Italy, Chief Executive Officer Vodafone Southern Europe and Regional Chief Executive Officer for Southern Europe, Middle East and Africa