Alan was appointed President of Unilever’s Personal Care business – later renamed Beauty & Personal Care – in 2014.
President, Beauty & Personal Care
In September 2014 Alan became President of Unilever’s Personal Care business. The name of the Division changed in 2018 to Beauty & Personal Care.
Previous to this, Alan was appointed President, Russia, Africa & Middle East in 2013.
From 2009 Alan led Unilever's business in Greater China, being appointed President of Unilever North Asia in 2011. His previous senior roles include global category leader for several of Unilever's Foods categories, and President of Unilever's Home & Personal Care business in North America - both based just outside New York City.
Earlier, Alan worked in a number of sales and marketing roles in the UK, Thailand, and the US after joining Unilever in 1985.
Alan holds a Bachelor of Commerce with honours from Edinburgh University, Scotland. He also graduated from Harvard Business School's General Management Program in 2001.
Alan is married and has three children.
- 2018: Personal Care becomes Beauty & Personal Care Division
- 2014: Appointed President of Unilever's Personal Care business
- 2011: Appointed President of Unilever's businesses across North Asia and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2009: Chairman of Unilever in Greater China
- 2000 - 2009: Global Category Leader for several of Unilever's Foods categories, and President of Unilever's Home & Personal Care business in North America
- 1999 - 2000: Vice President of Marketing, Unilever's Helene Curtis business
- 1995 - 1998: VP, Personal Care for Unilever Thailand with additional responsibility for Hair Care in Asia Pacific
- 1985: Joined Unilever