Feike Sijbesma was elected as a Non-Executive Director of Unilever at the AGMs in May 2014 and his appointment took effect on 1 November 2014. He is a member of Unilever's Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and a member of Unilever's Corporate Responsibility Committee.
Feike has been the CEO and Chairman of the Managing Board of Directors of Royal DSM N.V. (a global Life Sciences and Materials Sciences company) since May 2007. In 1995, Feike became director of Gist-Brocades Food Specialties Division and joined Gist-Brocade’s executive committee. Following the acquisition by Royal DSM N.V. in 1998, he became a director of the business group DSM Food Specialties. In 2000 he joined Royal DSM’s managing board of directors, becoming Chairman and CEO in May 2007.
He is currently a member of the supervisory board of De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB, the Dutch Central Bank), Co-chair Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition (CPLC) and Climate Leader, convened by the World Bank Group and member of the Global CEO Council (GCC) of the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC).
His previous roles have included member of the Supervisory Board of DSM Netherlands, the Utrecht University, the Dutch Genomics Initiative (NGI) and the Anthonie van Leeuwenhoek Hospital/Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI/AVL), a board member of CEFIC (European Chemical Industry Council), chairman of Chemical Governors and a Global Agenda Council of the World Economic Forum, Dutch Food Chain Sustainability Foundation (DUVO) and of EuropaBio (European Biotech Association).
He has also been a member of the Dutch Innovation Platform 2.0, board member of BIO (US Biotechnology Association), the Swiss Society of Chemical Industries (SCGI) and the Dutch Nutrition/Food Top-Institute (WCFS) and a member of the advisory board of ECP-EPN (e-commerce) and the Rotterdam Business School of the Erasmus University.
- 2015: Appointed Chair of Unilever’s Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee (Feike ceased to be Chair in May 2018) and member of Unilever’s Corporate Responsibility Committee
- 2014: Non-Executive Director to Unilever
- 2012: Member Supervisory Board of De Nederlansche Bank (DNB, the Dutch Central Bank)
- 2007: CEO and Chairman of the Managing Board of Directors of Royal DSM N.V.
- 2000: Member of Royal DSM’s Managing Board of Directors
- 1998: Director of DSM Food Specialities following their acquisition by Royal DSM N.V.
- 1995: Director of Gist-Brocades Food Specialities Division