Graeme Pitkethly, Chief Financial Officer, was appointed an Executive Director to the Boards of Unilever N.V. and Unilever PLC in April 2016.
Chief Financial Officer
Graeme joined Unilever in 2002 and was previously Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Unilever UK and Ireland business. Prior to this he held a number of senior financial and commercial roles within Unilever, including Senior Vice President of Finance for Global Markets, Global Head of M&A, Head of Treasury, Pensions and Tax and Chief Financial Officer of Unilever Indonesia.
Graeme brings considerable internal and external experience to the role having spent the earlier part of his career in senior corporate finance roles in the telecommunications industry and at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Graeme is a Chartered Accountant and holds a bachelor’s degree in Applied Chemistry from Strathclyde University.Graeme is married with two children with whom he enjoys skiing and golf. With a passion for blues music, he is also an enthusiastic, but poor, guitarist. In a personal capacity, Graeme is Vice-Chair of the Financial Stability Board Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”).
- 2016: Vice-Chair of the Financial Stability Board Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”)
- 2015: Appointed Unilever’s Chief Financial Officer and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2014: EVP and Chair, Unilever UK & Ireland
- 2011: SVP Finance - Global Markets
- 2010: Group Treasurer
- 2009: Head of Mergers & Acquisitions
- 2006: Chief Financial Officer, Unilever Indonesia
- 2002: Unilever Group Chief Accountant
- 1996: Vice President, Corporate Development; Vice President, Finance, FLAG Telecom
- 1987: Managing Consultant, PwC