Mary Ma was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in May 2013. She is a member of Unilever’s Compensation Committee.
Mary is founding partner and senior advisor of Boyu Capital Advisory Co. Limited. She is also a non-executive director of Hong Kong Stock Exchanges and Clearing Ltd., Schneider Electric SE and Swire Pacific Limited.
Previously, Mary was a partner at private investment firm TPG Capital and co-chairman of TPG China where she primarily focused on investments in the Greater China region.
Before joining TPG, Mary was a senior vice president and chief financial officer at different times between 1997 and 2007 of one of the world’s largest Personal Computer business and global technology firms, Lenovo. She continues to be a non-executive director since 2013 after having served as non-executive vice chairman between 2007 and 2013.
Mary has been a member of the Listing Committee of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Ltd., The Hong Kong Institute of Directors and the Dean's Council of the Kennedy School of Harvard University, as well as a non-executive director of Wumart Stores Inc., Stelux Holdings, and Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited.
- 2019: Became a Non-Executive Director of Swire Pacific Limited
- 2019: Became a Non-Executive Director of Schneider Electric SE
- 2017: Became member of Unilever’s Compensation Committee
- 2013: Became a Non-Executive Director of Unilever and member of Unilever’s Audit Committee and remained as a member until April 2017
- 2013: Became a Non-Executive Director of the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong
- 2013: Became a Non-Executive Director of the Lenovo Board
- 2012 - 2016: Non-Executive Director of Stelux Holdings International Limited
- 2011: Became a Co-founder and Managing Partner of Boyu Capital
- 2010 - 2014: Non-Executive Director Wumart Stores
- 2009 - 2013: Member of the Listing Committee of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- 2007 - 2013: Non-Executive Vice Chairman of the Lenovo Board
- 2004 - 2013: Independent Director of Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- 2002 - 2007: Member of the Dean's Council of the Kennedy School of Harvard University
- 2000: Member of The Hong Kong Institute of Directors