Mary Ma was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in May 2013. She is a member of Unilever’s Compensation Committee.
Previously, Mary was a partner at private investment firm TPG Capital and co-chairman of TPG China where she primarily focused on investments in the Greater China region.
Before joining TPG, Mary was a senior vice president and chief financial officer of the world’s second largest Personal Computer business and global technology firm, Lenovo. She continues to be a member of the Lenovo Board, since becoming non-executive vice chairman in 2007.
Mary is managing partner of Boyu Capital, a private equity fund she co-founded in 2011 which specialises in investments in China. Mary also is a non-executive director of the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong.
Mary has been a member of both the Listing Committee of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and The Hong Kong Institute of Directors. She has been a non-executive director of Wumart stores and Stelux Holdings, an independent director of Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited and a member of the Dean's Council of the Kennedy School of Harvard University between 2002-2007.
- 2017: Became member of Unilever’s Compensation Committee
- 2013: Became a Non-Executive Director at Unilever and member of Unilever’s Audit Committee and remained as a member until April 2017
- 2013: Became a Non-Executive Director of the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong
- 2012 - 2016: Non-Executive Director of Stelux Holdings International Limited
- 2011: Became a Co-founder and Managing Partner of Boyu Capital
- 2010 - 2014: Non-Executive Director Wumart Stores
- 2009: Member of the Listing Committee of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- 2007: Became Non-Executive Vice Chairman of the Lenovo Board
- 2004 - 2013: Independent Director of Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- 2002 - 2007: Member of the Dean's Council of the Kennedy School of Harvard University
- 2000: Member of The Hong Kong Institute of Directors