Nils Andersen was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever in April 2015. He is also a member of Unilever's Audit Committee.
Mr Andersen is a Non-Executive Director at BP plc, Chairman of Dansk Supermarked Group and Chairman of Unifeeder A/S and Faerch Plast.
From 2007 to 2016 he served as Group Chief Executive Officer of A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S. Before that he was Executive Vice President of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries A/S from 1999-2001, becoming President, Chief Executive Officer from 2001-2007.
He has also previously worked for de Danske Sukkerfabrikker, Tuborg International, Union Cervecera, Hannen Brauerei and Hero Group. Mr Andersen was also previously Non-Executive Director of Inditex, Vice-Chairman of the European Round Table of Industrialists and a member of the Committee on Business Policies, Confederation of Danish Industry.
- 2018: Became Chairman of Faerch Plast
- 2017: Became Chairman of Unifeeder A/S
- 2016: Became a Non-Executive Director BP plc
- April 2015: Became a Non-Executive Director at Unilever and a member of Unilever's Compensation Committee until April 2016 when he became a member of Unilever's Audit Committee
- 2007-2016: Group Chief Executive Officer of A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S
- 2001-2007: President, Chief Executive Officer of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries AS
- 1999-2001: Executive Vice President of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries AS