Nitin Paranjpe was appointed President of Unilever's Foods and Refreshment business in 2018. He joined the company in 1987 and has worked on various senior roles, most recent being the President of Homecare.
President, Foods and Refreshment
Nitin joined Hindustan Lever Limited, India in 1987 and worked though various roles including Brand Manager, Household Care and Sales head for Southern Region. In 1999 he was appointed as a member of the Project Millennium Team.
In 2000, he moved to Unilever London, and was involved in a review of the organization structure. During 2001, he worked as Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Unilever Executive Committee.
On his return to India in 2002, Nitin became the Category Head - Fabric Wash and Regional Brand Director (Asia) for Laundry and Household Cleaning (HHC). In 2004, he became Vice President for Home Care, India. He was appointed as the Executive Director for the Home & Personal Care, India in March 2006.
In April 2008 he was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Unilever Limited, India and Executive Vice President for Unilever, South Asia.
He holds a Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical) and MBA in Marketing from JBIMS, Mumbai.
Nitin is married with 2 children.
- 2018: Appointed President of Unilever's Foods and Refreshment Business
- 2013: Appointed President of Unilever's Home Care business and joined the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2008: Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Unilever Limited, India and Executive Vice President for the South Asia cluster
- 2006: Executive Director of Home & Personal Care, India
- 2004: Vice President of Home Care, India
- 2002: Category Head - Fabric Wash and Regional Brand Director (Asia), Laundry and Household Cleaning
- 2001: Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Unilever Executive Committee
- 1999: Member of the Project Millennium Team
- 1987: Joined Unilever and held various roles including Brand Manager for Household Care and Sales head for the Southern Region.