Nitin was appointed as President of the Foods & Refreshment Division per 1st January 2018. In this role he is responsible for growing Unilever’s Ice Cream, Tea and Foods categories, including Unilever Food Solutions.
President, Foods and Refreshment
His most recent role was President Home Care, where he was responsible for Unilever’s global laundry and household care categories. During Nitin’s leadership, Unilever acquired plant-based cleaning products company 7th Generation, as well as Blue Air, which manufactures air purification devices. Another important activity was the opening of the Sudhiva Hygiene Centre in one of Mumbai’s deprived parts of the city.
Nitin joined Unilever at Hindustan Lever Limited (India) in 1987 where he held various roles in marketing and sales. In 2000, he moved to Unilever London and was involved in a review of the organisation structure. During 2001, he worked as Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Unilever Executive Committee.
On his return to India in 2002, Nitin held more senior positions in laundry and household care, including Vice President Home Care, India (2004) and Executive Director for Home & Personal Care, India (2006).
In April 2008 he was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Unilever Limited, India and Executive Vice President for Unilever, South Asia.
Nitin holds a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA in Marketing from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIM), in Mumba, India.
He is married with two children.
- 2018: Appointed President of Unilever's Foods and Refreshment Division
- 2013: Appointed President of Unilever's Home Care Category and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2008: Chief Executive Officer of Hindustan Unilever Limited, India and Executive Vice President for the South Asia cluster
- 2006: Executive Director of Home & Personal Care, India
- 2004: Vice President of Home Care, India
- 2002: Category Head - Fabric Wash and Regional Brand Director (Asia), Laundry and Household Cleaning
- 2001: Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Unilever Executive Committee
- 1999: Member of the Project Millennium Team
- 1987: Joined Unilever and held various roles including Brand Manager for Household Care and Sales head for the Southern Region in India.