Terms and Conditions
Thank you for showing an interest in participating in Unilever’s Power of U campaign. This initiative is for individuals like you to share your passions and how you are helping to bring Unilever’s values to life.
The Power of U Asset Generator (“Asset Generator”) is provided by Unilever UK Central Resources Limited and these terms of service ("Terms") govern your use of the Asset Generator.
“Unilever” or ‘We’ means Unilever N.V, Unilever PLC and any company from time to time in which either or both directly or indirectly owns or controls the voting rights attached to not less than 50% of the issued ordinary share capital or control directly or indirectly the appointment of a majority of the board of management.
1. About the Asset Generator
You must be at least 16 years old to use the Assert Generator and confirm that anyone featured in Your Content is over the age of 16. If you or anyone appearing in Your Content are below 16, a parent or guardian must agree to these Terms on your behalf.
The Asset Generator allows you to upload imagines, photos, videos, text and any other information you choose to make available ‘Your Content’ to create an image can be made available, which includes providing, sharing or otherwise making available, to Unilever or third-parties (including but not limited to social media platforms).
When you make Your Content available by using the Asset Generator, you represent and warrant that:
- You own Your Content or otherwise have the right to grant the licenses to use Your Content as set forth in these Terms;
- The use of Your Content as set forth in these Terms does not infringe the rights of Unilever or any third party, including, copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Your Content does not include content that is illegal or obscene, that would instigate or encourage conduct that would be illegal, or otherwise inappropriate and your use of the assets generated by the Asset Generator will not harm Unilever’s reputation;
- You have the consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual in Your Content. This includes the rights to use his or her name, username or likeness in the manner contemplated by the website and the products, services or other materials on or available from the website;
- Your Content does not contain a virus, spyware or other harmful component, or otherwise impairs, interrupts or damages the website;
- Your use of the Asset Generator, the any connected services or any connected network, or otherwise, will not interfere with a person’s use or enjoyment of the same;
- Your Content does not contain any advertisement, solicitation, chain letter, pyramid scheme, investment opportunity or other unsolicited commercial communication;
- You grant Unilever all consents required pursuant to Part II of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and all other laws now or in future in force in any part of the world) which may be required for the use by Unilever and/or content providers of Your Content in accordance with these Terms;
- You waive all moral rights to which you may be entitled under any legislation now existing or in future enacted in any part of the world relating to Your Content; and
- You irrevocably and unconditionally release and forever discharge Unilever from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent, and of any nature whatsoever, which you may have or may in the future have against Unilever with respect to Your Content, including how Unilever uses Your Content.
a. Unilever will consider Your Content as non-confidential and non-proprietary and shall be under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information contained in Your Content;
b. Unilever may use your name to attribute Your Content to you (although we shall not be obliged to do so);
c. Unilever has no obligation to use Your Content in any way and Unilever shall not be obliged to give reasons for rejecting or removing Your Content or to identify Unilever activities that relate to Your Content in any way; and
d. Unilever is not responsible for the publication of the asset generated by the Asset Generator that includes Your Content.
3. Intellectual Property and Licences
Unilever grants you a personal, limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to access and use the Asset Generator.
Unilever shall own all the intellectual property rights in the asset that is created from your use of the Asset Generator (subject to the license granted herein).
Unilever shall grant you a personal, limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use and publish the asset that you generate from the Asset Generator using Your Content. Unilever’s licence to you is subject to and in accordance with these Terms.
Your use of the services is at your own risk. We are providing our services on an "as is" basis and We expressly disclaim, any freedom from computer virus or other harmful code. We do not warrant that any information provided by Unilever is accurate, complete, or useful, that our services will be operational, error free, secure, or safe, or that our services will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. We do not control, and are not responsible for, controlling how or when our users use our services or the features, services, and interfaces our services provide. We are not responsible for the actions or information (including content) of our users or other third parties.
5. Indemnity and liability
By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold Unilever harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your use of the Asset Generator (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
You shall indemnify and hold the Unilever and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners ("the indemnitees") harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the indemnitees arising as a result of (a) your access to or, use of, or inability to use the Asset Generator; (b) your breach or alleged breach of our Terms; (c) your breach of your warranties or representations made by you; or (d) the promoter's use of Your Content including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
Unilever will collect your name, job title, location and any other personal information that you provide when you use the Asset Generator. Unilever takes your privacy very seriously and will use and protect any personal information you provide on this website in order to fulfil the Terms of this contract you, in accordance with our Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice.
7. Identifying Users and Disclosing Content to Third Parties
Unilever will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities, court order or subpoena requesting or directing Unilever to disclose the identity of anyone posting content. To the extent We can do so by law, We reserve the right to identify any user to third parties and/or disclose any content or personal data to any third party claiming that content infringes their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy. We may also disclose such information if We believe in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Unilever, its customers or the public.
8. Ownership and Use of Website Materials, Products and Services
With the exception of Your Content, Unilever owns the intellectual property rights for all of the materials on the website or has a valid right from a third party to use materials on the website. Unilever also owns or has a valid right to use all trade marks, service marks, graphics and logos used on this website. Unless expressly stated, no part of the website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices on the materials. Any modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Unilever’s intellectual property rights and proprietary rights. The use of any such material(s) on any other website or computer network without Unilever’s written consent is strictly prohibited. Your use of the trade marks, service marks, graphics and logos on this website in any manner other than as authorized in these Terms, or as authorised in writing by Unilever, is strictly prohibited.
In case a user wants the data they shared as part of the asset creation on this site removed, please email email@example.com
The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such provision shall be revised solely to the extent necessary to render such provision valid, legal and enforceable, and without invalidating or affecting the remaining provisions hereof.
Nothing contained herein shall deem or construe you and Unilever to be partners, joint ventures, principal-agent or employer-employee, and no party shall have any authority to bind the other whatsoever.
These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Unilever with respect to the subject matter hereof. No modifications, amendments or waivers will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and Unilever.