Eleven hours – that’s how long today’s job seekers spend each week researching the best career move for them, according to a study by human capital solutions provider CareerBuilder.
And in the war to win the best talent that is out there, Unilever is determined that every minute you spend on our careers hub is time well spent.
Our global careers hub is one of the most visited areas on Unilever.com. So offering you, our potential colleagues, the best-in-class experience in terms of content, design and functionality is incredibly important to us.
That’s why we took some time to review our site and restructure to ensure that it gives potential job seekers an easier and enhanced user experience.
Here are the five key ways we’ve improved our site to meet your job-hunting needs:
- We’ve improved the user journey: the website now features simplified navigation for graduates, professionals and across our departments, as well as an improved job search functionality and simplified FAQs
- We’ve put a firm focus on people: our content now increasingly showcases our culture, rewards and what makes Unilever the employer of choice
- We’ve created a new global careers video: to show how Unilever allows you to shape your own path, plus work with our amazing brands towards a more sustainable future, we created a brand-new careers video. You can
- We’ve given employees the chance to share their experiences with you: our content has been refreshed to make sure that it is completely appropriate for our audience, with graduate and experienced hire specific videos and a new blog section called ‘Life at Unilever’ which features real stories from real Unilever employees doing a huge variety of roles in a huge variety of locations.
- We’ve made it visually richer too: all imagery is totally authentic – showcasing more of our people and the incredible things they do.
Improving the website means that candidates begin this special journey in the right way: finding the information they want quickly and easily.
“It also means that our purpose, values and principles are better communicated to our people,” explains Unilever’s Chief HR Officer, Leena Nair, “all via a modernised website that, as Chief HR Officer, I am incredibly proud of.”
But don’t take our word for it, why not take a look around the new careers hub and see the improvements for yourself. We look forward to working with you!