Unilever N.V. Annual General Meeting Rotterdam voting results
Rotterdam - Unilever N.V. shareholders today approved all resolutions put to the Annual General Meeting in Rotterdam. Voting was by poll on each resolution and the results are set out below.
The following continuing directors stood for election and were duly re-appointed: Nils S. Andersen, Laura Cha, Vittorio Colao, Marijn Dekkers, Judith Hartmann, Andrea Jung, Mary Ma, Strive Masiyiwa, Youngme Moon, Graeme Pitkethly, John Rishton and Feike Sijbesma. Alan Jope was appointed as Executive Director and Susan Kilsby was appointed as Non-Executive Director.
Poll results Annual General Meeting 20191
Issue share capital present
2. Adoption Annual Accounts and appropriation of the profit for the 2018 financial year
3. Approval of the Directors’ Remuneration Report
4. Discharge Executive Directors
5. Discharge Non-Executive Directors
6. Re-appointment Nils S. Andersen
7. Re-appointment Laura Cha
8. Re-appointment Vittorio Colao
9. Re-appointment Marijn Dekkers
10. Re-appointment Judith Hartmann
11. Re-appointment Andrea Jung
12. Re-appointment Mary Ma
13. Re-appointment Strive Masiyiwa
14. Re-appointment Youngme Moon
15. Re-appointment Graeme Pitkethly
16. Re-appointment John Rishton
17. Re-appointment Feike Sijbesma
18. Appointment Alan Jope
19. Appointment Susan Kilsby
20. Appointment of the Auditor charged with the auditing of the Annual Accounts for the 2019 financial year
21. Authorisation of the Board of Directors to purchase ordinary shares and depositary receipts thereof in the share capital of the Company
22. Capital reduction with respect to ordinary shares and depositary receipts thereof held by the Company in its own share capital
23. Designation of the Board of Directors as the company body authorised in respect of the issue of shares in the share capital of the Company
24. Designation of the Board of Directors as the company body authorised to restrict or exclude the statutory pre-emption rights that accrue to shareholders upon issue of shares for general corporate purposes
25. Designation of the Board of Directors as the company body authorised to restrict or exclude the statutory pre-emption rights that accrue to shareholders upon issue of shares for acquisition purposes or specified capital investment purposes
Where relevant, these actions are subject to the appropriate consultations and approvals.
This announcement may contain forward-looking statements, including 'forward-looking statements' within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as 'will', 'aim', 'expects', 'anticipates', 'intends', 'looks', 'believes', 'vision', or the negative of these terms and other similar expressions of future performance or results, and their negatives, are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon current expectations and assumptions regarding anticipated developments and other factors affecting the Unilever Group (the 'Group'). They are not historical facts, nor are they guarantees of future performance.
Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Among other risks and uncertainties, the material or principal factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are: Unilever's global brands not meeting consumer preferences; Unilever's ability to innovate and remain competitive; Unilever's investment choices in its portfolio management; inability to find sustainable solutions to support long-term growth; the effect of climate change on Unilever's business; customer relationships; the recruitment and retention of talented employees; disruptions in our supply chain; the cost of raw materials and commodities; the production of safe and high quality products; secure and reliable IT infrastructure; successful execution of acquisitions, divestitures and business transformation projects; economic and political risks and natural disasters; financial risks; failure to meet high and ethical standards; and managing regulatory, tax and legal matters. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this announcement. Except as required by any applicable law or regulation, the Group expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in the Group's expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based. Further details of potential risks and uncertainties affecting the Group are described in the Group's filings with the London Stock Exchange, Euronext Amsterdam and the US Securities and Exchange Commission, including in the Annual Report on Form 20-F 2019 and the Unilever Annual Report and Accounts 2019.