Conny Braams was appointed Chief Digital & Marketing Officer in January 2020 and is part of the Unilever Leadership Executive (ULE).
Chief Digital & Marketing Officer
My purpose: energise to explore and create a better future for allConny Braams, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer
As Chief Digital and Marketing Officer, Conny is a member of the Unilever Leadership Executive and responsible for the end-to-end digital transformation of Unilever and Marketing worldwide. She has held this role since January 2020. Conny’s broad international business experience and her track-record in driving change at scale, is critical to lead the transformation of Unilever into a future-fit, purpose-led, fully digitised organisation at the leading edge of consumer marketing.
Having joined Unilever as a marketing trainee in 1990, Conny has held a variety of local and international Marketing, Customer Development, Communications and General Management roles across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Most recently, Conny was the Executive Vice President, Unilever, Middle Europe and General Manager, Unilever, Benelux where she led the complete digital rewire and marketing transformation of the region.
Externally, she has been recognised in Volkskrant Top 200 Most Influential People, Campaign’s Power 100, Marketing Week’s Top 100 Marketers, and Provoke’s Influence 100 in 2020. She was also named Adformatie Person of the Year in 2019 and Top Female Executive in the Netherlands in 2006.
Outside of Unilever, Conny is a member of the Marketing Group of Great Britain, as well as on the Advisory Board of the Kröller-Müller Museum in the Netherlands and Rotterdam School of Management (RSM, EUR). She has also previously served as Non-Executive Board Director of Heineken Netherlands and Vice-Chair of VNO-NCW, the Dutch employers’ federation.
Conny holds a Masters degree in Health Care Administration and an MBA with honours at Erasmus University Rotterdam. She has worked and lived in the Netherlands, Singapore and Spain, enjoys travelling and spending time with her two daughters, family and friends.
- 2020: Unilever Chief Digital & Marketing Officer and member of the Unilever Leadership Executive
- 2019: EVP Unilever Middle Europe (Benelux, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Nordics and Italy)
- 2018: EVP and Chair Unilever Benelux and Home Care Europe
- 2016: EVP and Chair Unilever Benelux
- 2011: SVP Food Solutions Asia, Africa, Middle-East for Unilever Food Solutions
- 2006: VP Foods, Refreshment, Home Care & Personal Care for Unilever Spain
- 2004: VP Corporate Communications & Sustainable Business for Unilever Europe
- 2002: VP Business Unit Spreads & Cooking Products for Unilever Netherlands
- 1990-2002: Various roles in Marketing, Customer Development and Category Management in Unilever Netherlands
- 1990: Joined Unilever