Ian Meakins was appointed a Non-Executive Director and Chair Designate of Unilever PLC in September 2023. He will become Chair of Unilever PLC in December 2023.
Chair Designate and Non-Executive Director
Ian is the Chair of Compass Group Plc and previously served as Chair of Rexel S.A. until he stepped down in August 2023.
Between 2017 and 2020 he served as Chair of The Learning Network B.V. and between 2010 and 2016 he served as Non-Executive Director and Senior Independent Director of Centrica plc. He also served as Chair of Auto Trader Group plc between 2006 to 2007, and from 2001 and 2005 he served as a Non-Executive Director of MMO2 Limited (which later became O2 plc).
He was also CEO of Wolseley plc between 2009 and 2016 as well as CEO for Travelex between 2007 and 2009 and CEO for Alliance UniChem plc between 2004 and 2006. Ian has worked for Diageo plc, Bain & Company, Inc. and Procter & Gamble and was a Founding Partner of Kalchas Group.
- 2023: appointed Chair of Unilever PLC
- 2020: appointed Chair of Compass Group Plc
- 2016 – 2023: Chair of Rexel S.A.
- 2017 – 2020: Chair of The Learning Network B.V.
- 2015 – 2016: Senior Independent Director of Centrica plc
- 2010 – 2015: Non-Executive Director of Centrica plc
- 2009 – 2016: CEO of Wolseley plc
- 2007 – 2009: CEO of Travelex
- 2006 – 2007: Chair of Auto Trader Group plc
- 2004 – 2006: CEO of Alliance UniChem plc
- 2001 – 2005: Non-Executive Director of MMO2 Limited