Nelson Peltz was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC in May 2022 and his appointment took effect on 20 July 2022. He is a member of Unilever’s Compensation Committee.
Nelson is Chief Executive Officer and a Founding Partner of Trian Fund Management, L.P. (“Trian”), an investment management firm. He has served on the Boards of several major consumer goods companies including The Proctor & Gamble Company, H.J. Heinz Company and Mondelez International, as well as for the investment management companies Legg Mason and Invesco, and the global foodservice leader Sysco Corporation. He is currently also non-executive Chairman of The Wendy’s Company, and a director of Janus Henderson Group plc and Madison Square Garden Sports Corp.
After beginning his business career in his family food business, Nelson served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Triarc Companies between 1993 and 2007, which owned Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc and the Snapple Beverage Group. Prior to this, he was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Triangle Industries, the world’s largest packaging company.
Nelson is also Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and serves on the Board of several other charitable and medical organisations including the Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital and the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- July 2022: Joins the Unilever Board as Non-Executive Director
- February 2022: Appointed Director of Janus Henderson Group PLC
- 2020 - 2022: Director of Invesco Ltd
- 2019 - 2022: Director of Legg Mason, Inc
- 2018 - 2021: Director of The Procter & Gamble Company
- 2015 - 2021: Director of Sysco Corporation
- 2014 - 2018: Director of Mondelez International, Inc
- 2012 - 2014: Director of Ingersoll-Rand plc
- 2009 - 2014: Director of Legg Mason, Inc
- 2007: Appointed non-executive Chairman of The Wendy’s Company
- 2006 - 2013: Director of H.J. Heinz Company
- 1993 - 2007: Chairman and CEO of Triarc Companies, Inc
- 1983 - 1998: Chairman and CEO of Triangle Industries, Inc