- I am interested in finding out more about the history of Unilever. How did the Company begin?
Unilever – formed in 1930 when Dutch margarine company, Margarine Unie, merged with British soap-maker Lever Brothers – is a business founded on a sense of purpose, and our unique heritage still shapes the way we do business today.
You can find out more about our history and our formation in the history & archives section of the website.
- How can I keep up to date with Unilever news and events?
- How do I get in touch with local brand companies to discuss sponsorship opportunities?
To find out about sponsorship opportunities, please contact your local Unilever office which you can find using the country selector on our Contact page.
- What types of brands do you have?
We have brands across five business groups – Beauty & Wellbeing, Personal Care, Home Care, Nutrition and Ice Cream. Many of our brands may be familiar to you such as Dove, Knorr and Omo… but to find out more, visit the Brands section of our website, which tells you about the stories behind our brands, their sustainability work and their latest news.
- How do I know if a product is one of yours?
Most of our products have the Unilever logo on them – a large U made up of lots of icons that represent our many activities. Find out more about the story behind our logo.
- How do I find out about the ingredients in your products?
We understand you may want to learn more about our products and the ingredients we use so have created a dedicated section on our website which allows you to see what ingredients we put in our home, Beauty & wellbeing and Personal products. You can search for a specific product and also look for products you can use if you know you have an allergy to a particular ingredient(s).
Find out What’s in our products.
- I would like to complain about one of your products – what is the procedure?
We are sorry to hear that you appear to be experiencing problems with one of our products. Most of our brands include contact information on the packaging, alternatively, please contact us directly.
- Could you send me samples or coupons for your products?
Please contact your local Unilever careline to see if free samples or coupons are being distributed in your country. You can find their details from our contacts page.
- Could you add me to your mailing list to hear about any special deals or promotions you are offering?
Please contact your local Unilever website to check whether there are any special deals or promotions available in your country. You can find their details from our contacts page.
Planet & Society
- What is Unilever’s approach to sustainability and the environment?
Since its origin, Unilever has been a purpose-driven company and today, our purpose is simple but clear – to make sustainable living commonplace. Our vision is to be the global leader in sustainable business and we have clear strategies on the issues affecting our planet and society. You can read about these and see how you can take action yourself on the Planet & Society section of our website.
- How does Unilever’s sustainability performance compare with other companies?
You can find out about how we rate in a number of corporate responsibility rankings and indexes in our Sustainability Reporting Centre.
- How much effort does Unilever put into environmental initiatives?
We take environmental issues very seriously and are committed to improving and maintaining the integrity of the environment and the communities in every country in which we operate around the world. We aim to play our part in addressing global environmental and social concerns through our own actions, and working in partnership with stakeholders at local, national and international levels. You can read more about this on the Planet & Society section of our website.
- Does Unilever test any of its products on animals?
We use science, not animals, to make sure that our products are safe for people and for the planet. Unilever has been developing and using non-animal safety science since the 1980s, and thanks to a wide range of modern, scientific alternatives, animal testing is not needed to assess the safety of our products.
To read more about this as well as a range of other topics, visit Our Position On…
- What is the Take Action Hub all about?
The Take Action Hub features simple, actionable initiatives that you can get involved with to help make sustainable living commonplace.
- Why is Unilever doing this?
We have a clear purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace. We believe that the world’s problems will only be solved if we all make positive change.
The more of us who take action – no matter how small – on the issues we care about, the bigger the difference we can make.
A difference that will result in a fairer, safer, more prosperous world for future generations.
- How is my involvement recorded?
Like most websites, with your permission, we collect information that helps us enhance your experience. The full details are explained in our cookie notice.
- Why do you cover these topics and actions?
These are some of the most important issues facing humanity and the time to act is now.
- What types of initiatives are included on the Hub?
They are initiatives that we – Unilever and our brands – own, deliver, support or sponsor, or ones that are run by our partners. These all contribute to our overall purpose of making sustainable living commonplace.
- How often are initiatives added?
We will add new initiatives regularly. These will be marked with a ‘NEW’ tag on the initiative card, so you can see which are the most recent.
- How can I find out more about Unilever?
Explore our website, including the latest news and our ambitious sustainability commitments.
- Do you have a Unilever supplier programme?
The materials and services we source from our partners are crucial to ensuring our business, sites and factories can manufacture, market and continuously improve the thousands of purpose-led products we make every day. Find out more in our suppliers section.
- How do I license a Unilever brand, or talk to Unilever about licensing my brand?
We operate an established licensing programme, with multiple licenses covering global, regional and local brands, using both licensing in and licensing out models. If you are interested in finding out how to partner with us, and your company satisfies our Code of Business Principles (PDF 218KB), please contact us. We will aim to respond to your enquiry within ten working days.
- I wish to suggest a business proposal to you. How do I go about it?
We use an Open Innovation approach to partner with external organisations – individuals, businesses, existing suppliers, universities and NGOs – to research and develop new products.
Read more about Open Innovation and find out what we’re currently looking for – our challenges and wants.
- Would Unilever be interested in selling products direct to consumers?
Please contact your local Unilever office to inquire about this. You can find their details from our contacts page.
- Can you send me a hard copy of your Annual Report and Accounts?
The Unilever Annual Report and Accounts is available to view and print from the Investors section of our website.
Details on how to request printed copies of the Annual Report and Accounts can be found on the Printed Reports page within the Investors section.
- Can you tell me what Unilever's dividend payment will be this year?
You’ll find a section on dividends – including our dividend calendar which varies from year to year – in the Investors section of our website.
- Who could advise me on the value of my shares?
The Investors section of our website includes details of the current share price as well as information on the historic share price and dividend history.
- I am a shareholder; how do I advise you of my change of address?
Please send your current address, your new address and your share details to the following address:
Computershare Investor Services PLC
Registrars for Unilever PLC
Bristol BS13 8AE
Telephone +44 (0)370 600 3977
Fax: +44 (0)370 703 6101
- When is Unilever's next results announcement?
The Investors section of the website includes a financial calendar where you can see the dates of our forthcoming results and download a diary marker to your calendar.
- When are the dividends paid?
Unilever dividends are paid quarterly. To view the dividend dates for the current year please see the dividend calendar in the Investor section of the website.
- Where can I find out what dividends were paid in previous years?
Details of the dividends paid on all of our stocks are provided since 1999. To view the payment history for an individual stock, please visit the Dividend History page and select the tab for the stock you are interested in.