The switch to detectable black plastic is one in a series of moves as part of Unilever UK&I’s new #GetPlasticWise campaign, which is a holistic approach to rethinking plastic. The five-point plan aims to tackle plastic waste in the UK which in turn will help Unilever reach its global commitment.
Through focusing our efforts in five key areas, we’re working towards a closed loop where plastic stays within our plastic economy and doesn’t end up in the environment:
- Increase the amount of recycled content we use and the recyclability of our packaging
- Reduce the amount of plastic in our products and business, and ensure that the plastic we do need can be reused, recycled or composted
- Seek alternatives to plastic
- Support positive behaviour change with our consumers and employees
- Work collaboratively with a range of partners to affect change