Unilever Acquisitions and Disposals in 2000
In addition to the purchase of Bestfoods Unilever made 19 acquisitions in 2000.
The most important were:
- Groupo Cressida Central America Foods, Home & Personal Care
- Corporation Jaboneria NA, Equador Foods, Home & Personal Care
- Amora Maille, France, Culinary Products
- Codepar/SPCD, Tunisia, Home & Personal Care
- Ben & Jerry's, USA, Ice Cream
- Slim•Fast, USA, Slimming Products
The total purchase consideration for businesses other than Bestfoods was approximately €4,451 million.
Unilever disposed of 27 businesses during 2000 for a consideration of approximately €642 million. This includes the European Bakery Business, Benedicta a culinary business in France and various other small businesses and brands.