Adrian Hennah was appointed as a Non-Executive Director by the Board of Unilever PLC in July 2021 and his appointment took effect from 1 November 2021. He is Chair of Unilever's Audit Committee.
Adrian began his career working in audit and consultancy with PwC and Stadtsparkasse Koeln, the German regional bank. Adrian spent 18 years in CFO roles at three FTSE 100 companies. He was CFO at Reckitt Benckiser for seven years and held the same position at Smith & Nephew and Invensys. Prior to this, he spent 18 years at GlaxoSmithKline working in both finance and operations. He was also previously a Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee at RELX.
In addition to his Non-Executive Directorship at Unilever, Adrian currently serves as a Non-Executive Director at both J Sainsburys plc and Oxford Nanopore Technologies plc and is an external member (NED) of the Finance Committee (Board) of Oxford University Press.
Adrian has significant financial and strategic expertise, leading the performance and strategy of many large companies. He brings extensive financial experience to Unilever gained from CFO positions held in some of the UK’s largest companies, notably at Reckitt Benckiser, which produces leading hygiene, health and nutritional brands.
- 2022: Became Chair of Unilever’s Audit Committee
- November 2021: Became a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC and a member of Unilever’s Audit Committee
- 2021: Became a Non-Executive Director of J Sainsburys plc
- 2021: Became a Non-Executive Director of Oxford Nanopore Technologies plc
- 2013 — 2020: Executive Director of Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- 2011 — 2020: Non-Executive Director of RELX plc