The challenge is to find new online channels or ways to make ice cream accessible and visible to all consumers that have a craving in the moment.
We’re reinventing the way you get your ice cream fix! Picture a virtual store, not your typical supermarket, but actually a digital wonderland within your regular delivery app. Just like ordering pizza, you can now order your favourite ice cream treats (Wall’s, Ben & Jerry’s and Magnum) from our virtual ice cream store.
We’ve partnered with popular on-demand aggregator delivery apps. Gone are the days of waiting in long lines or driving to a shop. With virtual stores, we’ve revolutionised the way you enjoy your favourite frozen treats.
No matter where you are, our delivery drivers can pick up our delicious ice creams and deliver them within 30 minutes. Virtual stores rely on an incredible network of Pick-Up-Points (PUPs) which are like convenience stores that act as magical gateways to a world of deliciousness. These PUPs serve as physical locations where we store and handle our mouth-watering ice creams, ready to be delivered to you.
More about the challenge
Our challenge is that there is a large untapped opportunity. Many consumers don’t use delivery apps, which means they can’t find our ice creams online or discover them when they have a sweet craving. So, we need to go beyond our virtual stores on delivery apps and make ice cream unmissable online.
We’re looking for ideas to make ice cream accessible and visible to everyone who has a craving in the moment. What new channels or ways could we tap into to make ice cream available to all consumers anytime, anywhere, leveraging our 10,000 pick-up-points.
Join us on this exciting journey and indulge in a world of frozen delights like never before!
Some things to consider
- Go beyond virtual ice cream stores: We currently have over 20,000 stores actively selling our ice creams globally. You can find them under the name of ‘Ben & Jerry’s’, ‘Magnum’ or even ‘The Ice Cream Shop’. However, we want to expand our reach.
- Focus on the ‘ice cream first’ occasion where we serve consumers that are simply looking to have an ice cream delivered to their homes. So don’t consider online grocery shopping on grocery.com websites or apps. The ice cream first occasion often happens when consumers crave for ice cream on a busy working day, when spending time with friends, or watching a movie with a partner or their family.
- Focus on increasing access through new touchpoints (such as websites and platforms) and partners. Think about which other platforms, besides food delivery apps, where we could provide consumers with the opportunity to buy ice cream.
- Inspiration: We’re looking for channel and/or marketing plans that can generate ice cream sales online. The solution could focus purely on online or could include a marketing idea for offline that generates sales for online.
- Market: Consider European markets as our priority.
We’ve created a fair and transparent process for submitting, evaluating and selecting ideas, fostering creativity and bringing concepts to fruition.
20 June – Entries open
It’s time to tell us about your bold and disruptive idea.
Make sure to include a description of your idea, tell us how it addresses one of our challenges and how we can bring it to life.
31 August – Entries close
The deadline is extended to August 31st, giving you more time to share your great ideas.
Our digital commerce experts will review each idea based on uniqueness, feasibility, market potential and how well it meets our challenge. If your idea makes the shortlist, we might get in touch for more information.
2 October – Winners announced
Once we’ve selected our three winners, we’ll get in touch to share the good news and details about the prizes, which are:
– A pitch to our Chief Digital Commerce Officer
– Digital award for Best Disruptive Idea
– 1 year of free ice cream delivery!