Hein Schumacher was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC in June 2022 and his appointment took effect in October 2022. He is a member of the Audit Committee.
Hein Schumacher has been the CEO of Royal FrieslandCampina, the Dutch dairy co-operative, since January 2018 after serving three years as the company’s CFO. He also currently serves as the Chair of the Global Dairy Platform.
Prior to joining Royal FrieslandCampina, Hein spent 11 years in various strategy and financial management roles at Kraft Heinz across Europe and Asia, including Chief Strategy Officer, Vice President of Finance for Europe, and Executive Vice President and Zone President for Asia Pacific. He also served as the Corporate Controller, Asia and Central America for Ahold NV.
Hein began his career as a finance manager at Unilever.
- October 2022: Appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC and a member of Unilever’s Audit Committee
- 2018: Chief Executive Officer of Koninklijke FrieslandCapina NV
- 2014 - January 2018: Chief Financial Officer of Koninklijke FrieslandCapina NV
- 2003 - January 2014: Variety of senior management/executive positions in Kraft Heinz Foods Company
- 2001 - January 2003: Corporate Controller, Asia and Central America at Ahold NV