John Rishton was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC in May 2013. He is Chair of Unilever’s Audit Committee.
John is Chair at both Informa plc and Serco Group plc and in 2017 he also joined the board of Majid al Futtaim Properties LLC.
Between 2011 and April 2015 he served as chief executive officer of Rolls Royce Holdings plc, a global provider of integrated power systems. Prior to his appointment as chief executive officer John was appointed a non-executive director of Rolls Royce Group in 2007 and served as chairman of the Audit Committee and a member of the company’s Ethics and Nominations Committees.
Before joining Rolls Royce, John was chief executive officer and president of the Dutch international retailer, Royal Ahold N.V. (merged to Royal Ahold Delhaize N.V.), a position he held from 2007 to 2011. Before becoming chief executive officer, he was Royal Ahold’s chief financial officer.
John served as vice chairman of ICA AB (now ICA Gruppen AB), one of the Nordic region’s leading retail companies and was a director of the company from 2006 to 2010. He is also a former non-executive Director of Associated British Ports and the international drinks company, Allied Domecq, prior to its sale in 2005.
John is a former chief financial officer and a member of the leadership team of British Airways plc (2001 to 2005). He also served as commercial controller of British Airways from 1999 to 2001 and was responsible for providing financial support to the commercial activities of sales, marketing, alliances and cargo.
John is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and has an Economics Degree from Nottingham University.
- 2021: Became Chair of Informa plc
- 2021: Became Chair of Serco Group PLC
- 2017: Became a Board member of Majid Al Futtaim Properties LLC
- 2016: Became a Non-Executive Director of Serco Group PLC
- 2016: Became a Non-Executive Director of Informa PLC
- 2016 - 2021: Non-Executive Director of Associated British Ports
- 2015: Appointed Chair of Unilever’s Audit Committee
- 2013: Became a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC and member of Unilever’s Audit Committee
- 2011: Chief Executive Officer of Rolls Royce Holdings plc
- 2007: Non-Executive Director of Rolls Royce Group and served as Chairman of the Audit Committee and as member of the company’s Ethics and Nominations Committees
- 2007: Chief Executive Officer and President of Royal Ahold N.V.
- 2006: Chief Financial Officer of Royal Ahold N.V.
- 2006: Director of ICA AB
- 2001: Chief Financial Officer and a member of the leadership team of British Airways plc
- 1999: Commercial controller of British Airways