Dr Judith Hartmann
Dr Judith Hartmann was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC in April 2015. She is a member of Unilever's Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and Compensation Committee.
Judith is a Director at Marsh McLennan, a professional services firm.
Judith has been Deputy CEO and Chief Financial Officer of ENGIE, a global energy company, from 2015 to January 2022. In 2016, she took over the additional responsibility to steer ENGIE operations in the UK and North America. In 2019, she became EVP and CFO, responsible for steering ENGIE publicly listed subsidiaries (supervision of GTT and coordination with Suez) and in charge of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). From February to December 2020, Judith ensured the ENGIE Group’s operational management as a member of a collegial management team.
From 2012 to 2015, Judith was the Chief Financial Officer of the international media and services corporation Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA. Prior to that, she had been at General Electric since 2000, where she had a number of financial and operational roles at Global Services, GE Healthcare Clinical Systems, GE Water Europe, Middle East & Africa, GE Healthcare Latin America and GE Germany.
Judith’s earlier career included financial positions in The Walt Disney Company and Transport Canada. Judith has been a Non-Executive Director of Suez, RTL Group, Penguin Random House and Gruner + Jahr GmbH & Co KG.
- 2023: Appointed Director of Marsh McLennan. Appointed a member of Unilever’s Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and Compensation Committee
- 2015 — January 2022: Deputy CEO and Chief Financial Officer of ENGIE
- 2015 — 2020: Non-Executive Director of Suez (formerly known as Suez Environment) and a member of the Audit and Financial Statements Committee. ENGIE was holding a 32% interest in Suez
- February - December 2020: member of a collegial management team ensuring the operational management of ENGIE
- 2015: Became a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC and a member of Unilever's Audit Committee
- March 2015: Became Deputy CEO, GDF Suez (GDF Suez changed its name to ENGIE in April 2015)
- February 2015: Appointed Special Adviser to the CEO and Chairman, GDF Suez
- 2012 — 2015: Chief Financial Officer, Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA
- 2012 — 2014: Non-Executive Director of RTL Group
- 2000 — 2012: Various finance and operational roles, General Electric