Nils Andersen was appointed Chair of Unilever PLC in November 2019. He is Chair of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and a member of the Compensation Committee.
Chair and Non-Executive Director
Mr Andersen is Chairman at AkzoNobel N.V., and Worldwide Flight Services. Nils is also a Non-Executive Director at Salling Foundation.
Between 2018 and 2021 he served as Chairman of Faerch Plast. He also served as a Non-Executive Director of BP plc between 2016 and 2020, and from 2007 to 2016 he served as Group Chief Executive Officer of A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S. Before that he was Executive Vice President of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries A/S from 1999-2001, becoming President, Chief Executive Officer from 2001-2007.
He has also previously worked for de Danske Sukkerfabrikker, Tuborg International, Union Cervecera, Hannen Brauerei and Hero Group. Mr Andersen was also previously Non-Executive Director of Inditex, Vice-Chairman of the European Round Table of Industrialists and a member of the Committee on Business Policies, Confederation of Danish Industry.
- November 2019: Appointed Chair of Unilever PLC, Chair of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee and member of the Compensation Committee
- 2019: Became Chairman of Worldwide Flight Services
- 2018: Became Chairman of AkzoNobel N.V.
- 2018: Chairman of Faerch Plast
- 2017: Chairman of Unifeeder A/S
- 2016: Non-Executive Director of BP plc
- 2015: Became a Non-Executive Director at Unilever PLC and a member of Unilever's Compensation Committee until April 2016 when he became a member of Unilever's Audit Committee
- 2007: Group Chief Executive Officer of A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S
- 2001: President, Chief Executive Officer of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries AS
- 1999: Executive Vice President of Carlsberg A/S and Carlsberg Breweries AS