Strive Masiyiwa was appointed a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC in April 2016. He is Chair of Unilever’s Corporate Responsibility Committee.
Mr. Masiyiwa is a United Kingdom based Chairman and founder of Econet Wireless, a diversified telecommunications group with operations and investments in Africa, Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific. He is an Executive Director on the board of Econet Wireless Zimbabwe Ltd and is Chairman of Liquid Telecom Holdings (an Econet Group company). Also, through Econet’s subsidiaries, the Group funds one of the largest scholarship programs for orphaned and vulnerable children in Africa.
Masiyiwa serves on several international boards including Netflix Inc., National Geographic Society, Asia Society, and the Global Advisory boards of Bank of America, the Council on Foreign Relations (in the US), Stanford University, the Bloomberg New Economy Forum and the Prince of Wales Trust for Africa.
Strive is a juror of the Hilton Foundation’s Humanitarian Prize. He is also one of the founders of the Carbon War Room and a founding member of the Global Business Coalition on Education.
- 2020: Became a Non-Executive Director at Netflix Inc.
- 2017: Appointed Chair of Unilever’s Corporate Responsibility Committee
- 2016: Appointed as a Non-Executive Director of Unilever PLC and was a member of Unilever’s Compensation Committee
- 2009: Co-founded the Carbon War Room
- 2003: Member of Rockefeller Foundation Board of Trustees
- 1993: Founded Econet Wireless